lördag, januari 21, 2006

The Knitting Olympics






Today I have joined the Knitting Olympics at YarnHarlot's!

**********************
Concept:
You must cast on a project during the Opening Ceremonies of the Winter Olympics (Feb 10)- and finish before the Olympic flame goes out (Feb 26). That's 16 days.

Rules:
1. The project must be a challenge for you to complete in 16 days.
(...)
4. No casting on before the flame is lit.
5. Finish before the flame goes out.
6. You may swatch before the games. (I consider this "training.")
**************************Quoted from YarnHarlot's blog

During the Olympics I attempt to knit one sock from any English language pattern. First, I have only knitted one pair of socks, and it took me two years. Second, I have never knitted in English before, only Swedish, so it will be a real challenge for me to figure out all the abbreviations! Don't know if there is a Eng/Swe knitting dictionary somewhere on the net, but I'll try to locate one...

If I manage this challange there will be a whole new world opening for me! I have been surfin around over the last few weeks, and I have found tons of nice patterns I want to try, but they're all in English...

There is another challenge connected to this. As I blogged about a few days ago, I'm doing a Stashalong, and I can't buy any new yarn or fabric until March 31. And I don't have any sock yarn!!! But I will make do with the superwash yarn I have in a lot of colors! The socks will be striped :) Or maybe I'll just raid my mom's stash ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ullis said...

Hi Karyn!

I definitley think you should join, so we could have a team Sweden! And the challenge of knitting in Swedish sounds like a good one! You can find lots of patterns here http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/se/kategori_oversikt.php . Just drop me a line if you need help translating!

10:02 fm  

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home